My career started in the corporate world where after getting my MBA I worked in finance and marketing for nearly 15 years. However, I was continually drawn and in tune to the emotional well being of those in my work environment and social circles.
I returned to school and secured my Master’s in Educational Psychology and began developing my own private counseling practice. My particular passions are helping couples create more fulfilling relationships and helping individuals understand the nature of addictions and begin a path of recovery. I have been active in the 12-step community myself for over two decades and I understand on a personal and professional level the nature of the disease. I also have a special certification in sex & love addiction.
- M.Ed. in Education Psychology, University of Texas at Austin
- MBA in Marketing, University of Texas at Austin
- BS in Finance, Villanova University
- Texas License LPC #62534 – 3000 hours of Supervision for licensing after state exam and Master’s Program for certification
- Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health
- International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP)
Sex Addiction Treatment Training and Experience
- IITAP – CSAT – Certified Sex Addiction Therapist under the model developed by Dr. Patrick Carnes
- The Meadows – Extensive training with the Pia Melody Model of Codpendency at Love addiction at the Meadows in Arizona